Friday, December 2, 2011

What can I do to improve my 200 breaststroke?

I'm 16 and I just had a really good 200 LCM breast last season (2:36.51), but my short course time is a lot slower (2:20.21). Also, my coach says I need to work on my pullouts and turns, any advice about that? my turnover tends to be way too fast towards the end of a race when I am tired, so I start "spinning my wheels" any advice is appreciated :~)|||Don't worry, I am a victim of 'spinning' in the last meters of a race too.


I am not much of a breaststroke expert, more of a butterfly/backstroke one actually.


But I would suggest, before going into a race focus on the 3rd 50m, this should be where you put all your energy. On the last 100m count between each stroke, maybe you count to 2 between each stroke, it depends on you. When your racing you may feel the need to stroke faster, don't! Int he end your time will turn out faster. Good luck. Make sure you listen to your coach and ask him lots of questions, he has a lot of expertise. Have fun with your breaststroke :)

No comments:

Post a Comment