Friday, December 2, 2011

I never put my head under the water whilst swimming breaststroke?

Am I doing this wrong? I always keep my head above water whilst swimming breaststroke. Should I buy a pair of goggles and go under? Whats the technique?doesn't putting your head under make all the water go up your nose? Regards good people|||It depends on what your goal is. I'm guessing you are not a competitive swimmer, or you would be talking to your coach about stroke technique! So if the goal is just to enjoy swimming, get some great cardiovascular conditioning with minimal impact on your joints, and have a good time, then do it however you wish. Googles take some time to get used to, but once you do, it's lots of fun to look under water. So I'd say if the goggles sound like fun, try them out. Otherwise, just continue enjoying the way you swim now!





Something else about the goggles. They help keep the water from splashing in your eyes, so if your eyes are ever bothered by the chlorine in the pool, the goggles will help with that too. But getting the elastic straps set just right takes some practice, so be patient the first time you try them out.|||Well I am a swimmer too, breast is not my strong point but I do know that your breaststroke is a lot faster if you do put your head under the water. Goggles will keep water out of your eyes, and all you have to do to keep it out of your nose is blow air out of your nose while your face is underwater. So yes, try swimming it with your head under. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment