Friday, December 2, 2011

SWIMMERS : What are exercises to strengthen feet for breaststroke kick?

Hi swimmers ! Can you help me with my weak feet?


I am very slow in breaststroke because my feet aren't doing much


even though I have tried kicking hard.





I understood the proper way to do breaststroke but what's left is that my feet isn't strong enough yet.





Any tips to make my feet stronger?


THanks. :))|||It sounds like you're looking for exercises for your legs not your feet. Thunder thighs power breaststroke kick. The role your feet play is not strength, but using good form to propel you forward. It's kind of like a jet engine. The combustion makes the propeller move, but the propeller makes the air move.





For tips on good form, ask your coach to watch a few laps. For muscle development, try the following (you can look them up on google for more specifics on the exercise):





Sprint laps of kicking only


Wall-Sits (Sit against a wall for 1-4 minutes, arms crossed, legs at a 90 degree angle)


Squats


Lunges


Mountain Climbers


Leg Press (Machine in gym)


Pilates


Toe Raisers


Running


Cross Fit|||I use a kickboard during my warm ups. It helps me focus on doing my kicks properly before I get into the full motion. Many public pools I've been to have these available for anyone to use.|||My coach has us do wide weighted squats. It kills but works wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment