Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How do I do the wave style breaststroke?

There are two styles of insweep scull in breastroke.





The wave style uses the hands and forearms as "windshield wiper blades" using the hands and forearms together.





The flat style uses the hands to scoop out the inside of a large bowl. Remember three things, you must be able to see the hands in front of you, the elbows never touch the body or chest, and hand speed is critical to get into the streamline.





Once you have swept out into a V with your arms, swing your thumbs in like windshield wipers. This is where you need to be lifting your BODY to breathe while still making forward progress. Do not lift your head. Instead, make sure you are looking down in front of you. Once you swing your thumbs in and get your breath, kick your hands forward and glide. Think of it as "breathe-kick-glide."|||breast stroke is one of m yfavorite strokes and my 2nd best but my best is butterfly|||I don't know but I was doing the breaststroke with my lady for a couple hours this morning and judging by her moans and groans I was doing it perfectly! BOO YEAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment