Friday, December 2, 2011

How to take 11-13 seconds off my best breaststroke time?

My best 100 breastroke time is like 1:31:12....sectionals time is 1:20:something...i need a way to take about 11-13 seconds off my time..help|||Work on your technique:


Good pullout (dont forget the dolphin kick, etc)


Fast turns(look up, not to the side, hand right behind your head)


Strong kicking (kick a lot of breastroke in practice)


When pulling in keep your elbows in front of your chest and squeeze them together


Shoot your hands forward


When shooting forward go slightly down, not up


Completely finish your kick, leave time for a slight glide


Perfect your timing (I like to begin my kick right when I have sculled out with my hands/arms) so that you're driving your kick and arms simultaneously





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment