Friday, December 2, 2011

Advice on swimming breaststroke competitively?

I am a high school student on the swim team. One year ago I was able to swim 100 breaststroke on 1:20 but this year my time is 1:24 (I didn't swim over the summer). I am hoping to get my time down to a 1:22. The problem I have right now is that I get completely exhausted after the first 50, any advice?|||You will have to train.I usually train a week and then do sprints and if you train hard its amazing how your time drops.


here is an advice:


Increase stroke rate!!Dont get exausted think of the rest ahead|||Hey,


That is a great time =) and to get 2 seconds off 100m shouldn't be too hard - work on your dive, getting as much power and length from it as possible, so get your calf muscles a bit stronger. Also, make your turns as slick as possible - really use your arm strength when you pull down underwater. Talk to your coach about your technique; I don't know if you could improve that or not, but your coach will. And basically you just need to get really really fit - just practise practise practise, in your own time, and try really hard in training, because remember, 100m is still a sprint - so you've go to be fit enough to just go for it really. But until you get that fit, just remember to keep a strong steady pace - I mean, don't go ridiculously fast on the first 50 and then practically die and slow down completely. And then when you get to your last 20-25m, then you can really go for it, give it all you've got - just ignore the pain! But yeah you just really need a lot fitter and things will become a lot easier =)|||Work on your turns, starts and pull outs those alone might shave a couple extra seconds off. But to really take time off you have to practice hard! and push urself in practice

No comments:

Post a Comment