Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Coming up to breathe when swimming BREASTSTROKE?

I watch videos of good swimmers doing breast stroke and they come up and back down really fast, when i do it, no matter how hard i try, i come up slowly and i can';t take a breath fast enough to go back into the water fast. I come up so slowly and smoothly and the swimmers in video come up fast and powerful?|||I had the same problem a few years ago when I first started swimming breaststroke and my coach always told me to angle my hims down when you start to come up for the breathe.. along with the powerful arms, hands, and shoulders. By angling your hips down, or pushing your hips a little toward the bottom of the pool it will be a natural movement for the head to come up, then you only have to worry about getting back into the water fast to start the next stroke. Hope I was helpful!|||my coaches always tell me to use my hips, which will push you up a bit, and give you a better kick. if you have a good, strong, fast, powerful kick, you'll be able to get up higher, and shoot your arms out faster. but, you also have to have a good pull when your arms are underwater, because that will also help your shoulders get up higher. just take real fast breaths because you know that you'll be able to take another one basically right away if you go fast enough|||im a swimmer. and i couldnt do fast breaststroke for the longest time! but now i go to state for swimming it so well!





to do a fast breastroke breathe you need-


1- strong muscles in your shoulder area


2- QUICK ARMS!!!!!!!!!!! this is the one i had a problem with, you need to pulll your hands in up to your chin then push them out as fast as you can!


3- exhail in the water while swimming, it saves you time so you can get a good breather when ur up to breathe..





HOPE I HELPED!|||It's all about the using your shoulders and your hands. When you come up; just when you come up,





push your hands together with a strong, cupped motion, as if you are clapping. At the same time,





shrug your shoulders as far up to your ears. Also, keep your head straight, looking down and then





smack your face/head into the far to push you forward.





Repeat.|||You need power to your shoulders and pecs. But remember you shouldn't try to go only up really fast, you have to also go fast forvard ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment