Thursday, November 24, 2011

Why am I slow in breaststroke but faster in freestyle?

Breastroke is the easiest yet I am very slow at it.


Mind you, I even lost to a swimmer who had just learned to swim!


Why is it? Is it because my legs is weak? As far as I know I am veryyyy slow in kicking as well. I am good in freestyle maybe because my arms are strong that my arms are so muscular right now.





Any tips on how to make your legs stronger and kick faster?|||Eat heathery|||Breaststroke is the slowest stroke, and some people do find it more difficult. It's slow because of the slight pause during the glide after the kick. A common mistake that people make is that they don't turn their feet out during the kick, which can really make a difference. Make sure you have your feet turned out (like a penguin as I say to the kids I teach), and just keep practicing. Don't worry if other people are faster than you, some people naturally are much faster at it than others.|||Ok first, NO FREAKIN WAY IS BREASTSTROKE THE EASIEST!





*clears throat* Ok, now that I have that out of my system. Breaststroke and Freestyle are 2 completely different things. I'm really fast at butterfly, breaststroke, and freestyle, but I am the WORST backstroke ever. Everyone has a best and worst stroke. Just keep working on it, you're sure to get better! (BTW, most people's worst stroke is breaststroke, so there's no need to worry about it.)|||eh.. im slow at breastroke too. Even if I use perfect technique, im just not a breastroker. It is a fairly easy slow stroke, and some of us just arent that fast at it.





Don't worry about it :)|||freestyle is always faster bc u use ur arms faster and ur legs. also u cant really get disqualified, uu can take as many strokes as u want between breaths|||Breast involves 80% kick ND 20% pull,, in this case you are a lot better in freestyle strokewise due to that u have more upper body strength

No comments:

Post a Comment