Thursday, November 24, 2011

How wide are the breaststroke kicks suppose to be?

When I had swimming lessons my instructor told me to kick as wide as possible. Now that I've watched some videos and gone for training and stuff I found out that compeditive swimmers don't kick as wide.





Pictures would be helpful or a link to a website with pictures. Thanks.|||when beginning, wider kicks are better. but narrow down when starting to go competitive.





the kick is not about kicking your feet out, but about making a round-whip motion. kinda hard to spell out.|||idk what a whip kick is


but im on a swim team


and my coach says to kick with ur knees pretty close together


not touching but like a couple of inches


sry i dont have any pic


hope this helps|||I competitive swim, and breaststroke is my stroke so maybe I can help you. You want to keep your knees together- not touching, but not too far apart. You don't want your knees to go out so your legs look like a diamond. You want to look more like two L's back to back. I hope I could help.|||You're not supposed to do the actuall breaststroke kick because it damages your knees because they're not supposed to bend that way





Happy Splashing





xx|||you should try to kick to where your knees are about even with your hips. thats how i do it and im on a swim team.

No comments:

Post a Comment