Saturday, November 19, 2011

I have a lot of trouble breathing during the breaststroke?

I think I might be doing it wrong, but whenever I take a breath while doing the breaststroke, it seems like I don't have much time and I always get a lot of water when I inhale. What should I do?|||Well, there are two different techniques for breaststroke. The first is the "American" style and uses a faster pull and kick with less gliding. The other style is the "European" style and uses a wave motion more where the head comes out of the water a bit more and the glide is held longer. You might benefit by trying to come out of the water more when you breathe and using a wave motion with your body to dive back into the water every time after you breathe. This style of breaststroke takes the kick into more of an advantage, so be ready for sore thighs if you decide to try it.|||When you come out of the water drive your shoulders up and forward, this will not only propel you farther forward on each stroke, but it will also give you more time to breathe. Be mindful though, keep a low profile when breathing, because opening up your shoulders when they are high will provide a whole lot of resistance.|||Well i am a breaststroke swimmer. When you push your body in a line you breath... like duh....

No comments:

Post a Comment