Saturday, November 19, 2011

What is a good 100 yard breaststroke time?

I am a 12 year-old girl and I have a 1:25 in my 100 yard breaststroke. I would like to have a 1:15 by high-school. What could I work on to drop time?|||If you have completely perfected your stroke, I would focus more entirely on turns and pull outs. Right now I'm in high school and I got a 1:13. Earlier this season I went a 1:15, and I owe those last 2 seconds entirely to working on turns and pull outs.





For turns- make sure they're fast and try to turn your body in the most efficient way possible to get through the water.





For pull outs- speed your hands up when pulling them under your body to make sure you shoot forward faster. When recovering your hands to the top of the stroke, keep them close to your body so that they don't get in the way of the water.





If you still need to work on your stroke, make sure that you squeeze your arms as close to your body as possible during the arm strokes. Also make sure that you have a good, strong kick to propel yourself forward. Good luck! (:|||The trick to dropping a lot of time on backstroke is having a strong steady kick. Also work on your starts and flip turns. I'd say a good backstroke time for high-school would be about a 1:05 or better. Don't worry this is tangible. In 7th grade I did a 1:24 in my 100 back and by freshman year in high-school I was doing a 1:13 split off of my 200 back.|||i am 11yrs and i have a 1:25 also, that is in long course so it will be slower. A 1:21 is an ideal time. Some other good times are 1:19 (13 yr old girl) 1:16 (13yr girl) 1:22 (11yr girl) those are some good times





to improve practice a lot





ask your coach to work on backstroke





do non stop swimming to build up muscles





hope it helps|||how big are you. if youre in 7th grade then you should just practice and wait cause im sure youll grow.|||i would work on my pullouts and my pushes off the walls. :) hopefully that helps you out!

No comments:

Post a Comment