Saturday, November 19, 2011

How do you get more endurance for breaststroke?

I swim a 35-37 for 50m breaststroke and the last 100m breaststroke I've done was a 1:27.91.. I felt tired at the 3rd-4th lap. Can somebody tell me how to get my 100m much faster?|||Hi i am a current breaststroke swimmer 50m - 30-31, 100 - 1:06 and 200 - 2:20.





Ways for you to improve your breaststroke, depending on your sex and age is to... in the pool do more breaststroke. You won't feel less tired if you do more front-crawl endurance sets it just doesn't work like that. So do plenty of drills, pull and kick each session, along with a 2 or 3 big breaststroke endurance sets. monsters we have been given is 10x400's, 8x200's best average etc. but it is dependent on your age but take them into consideration.





Another way to make you feel less tired is to do lactate sets i.e. 10x50 max or 5x100 max, which will help you get used to the lactate like at the end of a race.





Finally, weights can help especially high repetitions and building up muscular endurance. exercises such as triceps dips, lat pulldown, leg extension will all help you.





trust me these all work so hope all goes well :)|||Omg I have the same time (well a lil faster)


I got tired too at the 3-4 laps so I no how u feel.


Just keep practicing breastroke, I can swim like a lot of laps with normal speed on breast


but on races its WAY different so when you have practice, you can try to speed up and catch or pass the person swimming in front of you (If thats how your team swim)

No comments:

Post a Comment