Thursday, November 24, 2011

Please help me in breaststroke swimming. I now can swim but Iam not able to swim for a longer distance?

Iam yet to refine my breathing technique and because of this Iam hesitant about swimming in the deeper side of the pool (12 feet). I now can swim comfortable in the 4-5 feet. I feel it is more fear than anything else. HOw can I conquer my fear and proceed further. Also please guide me in the best way to breathe as I find myself gulping water when I try to bring my head outside the water|||Don't go in deeper water without a lifeguard.





Here are some breathing tips


1. Blow all the air out underwater


2. Keep your lips closed and loose when blowing out.


3. You only get one inhale when you come up. Two means you failed and have to stop.


4. Do it slow and work on relaxing.


5. When you can do ten you're close to getting it. 20 you've got it.





Now here's a progression for you to use:


1. Start holding on the the wall. Just put your lips under


2. Hold on to wall...head goes all the way under.


3. Use a kickboard and kick across the pool working on your breathing. Use fins if necessary.


4. Then swim breaststroke across.





You can do this entire progresssion in deeper water. 4 feet, then 6, then 8, then 12. But be sure there's a guard there. It's really not safe to swim alone if you don't know how...and don't trust non guards to watch or save you.|||do you take lessons? because if you really want to improve, lessons will help you do this much faster, also you will need to put a lot of work in like training everyday, that is the only thing you can do,practisee makes perfect





goodluck xx

No comments:

Post a Comment