Saturday, November 19, 2011

How can I swim freestyle and breaststroke faster?

I've tried to glide through the water after every other stroke in freestyle. And I have tried to use wave stroke and glide underwater after every stroke in breaststroke, sometimes with a slight butterfly kick to boost.|||equip weights to your ankles and things on your hands that make it hard for you to swim. those will help you out|||practice, practice, practice!|||You are alking about two things entirely. The breaststroke is a type of swimming stroke. Freestyle means you swim any stroke you wish. Now if in freestyle you swim the Australian Crawl then you would be faster. If in freestyle you are swimming the dog paddle then the breaststroke would be faster.|||The thing that always helped me was I use to train wearing four bathing suits.





Then on race day, I wore one suit, one size too small.|||Do the strokes faster. Increase the velocity/speed of your movement. Increase the frequency of every cycle for the breaststroke and the freestyle. Gliding and using the wave stroke don't really help. The only thing that would increase your speed is increasing the speed of your movement. Also, you can improve your form on the strokes; make sure you are doing them correctly, and that may increase your speed.|||All I have to say is keep practicing and don't give up or get angry.It might take a while,but before you know it you'll be really good.You can start by practicing everyday,and remember don't give up and keep trying...also sometimes what I do is act like hungry sharks are in the water and about to eat me.Maybe try that.|||The best thing to do is practice fly and back and those muscles that you gain from practicing those more will decrease your time a lot it worked for me!!!|||Use your whole body to push yourself forward. Strain every muscle a bit further. Also, don't go so fast that you gulp in water. It slows you down. Keep in control of your motions at all times. Also, try to keep close to the surface. You move faster on land than in water.|||You need rythm to go faster. When I was first learning to swim I would put my hands behind my back and just float with the waves with my nostrils barely above the water. Kind of an alligator-style floating.





Eventually I got in tune with the rythm of the water and using a cross between the dolphin kick and breast-stroke became very fast.





But it was all about rythm. I practiced swimming with barely perceptible movements both above and underwater. It's all rythm.|||in order for you to swim faster,you should master


1.gliding


2.rhythm


3.leg power


4.eficiency of stroke

No comments:

Post a Comment