Thursday, November 24, 2011

Is it okay to breath side ways on the breaststroke?

I do not like breathing by pulling yourself up because it is more tiring. I like to breath side ways like one would do in the freestyle. I think it gives me less drag and saves energy. Is this a good idea and is it legal at swim meets?|||I would not recommend breathing to the side. Do you see any olympic swimmers breathing to the side? They are the best swimmers in the world, they know what they are doing. It slows you down a lot. I used to do that when I was younger, but my coach made me stop and my times dropped drastically. Trust me, the best thing is to breath to the front.|||yes actually i prefer breathing side ways you can see the Competition better but make sure you straighten your head before you go back under other wise it will slow you down.|||not really because usually it takes more time to turn sideways and take a breath then if you were breathing forward and i 'am pretty sure its illegal at a swim meet.|||Somebody on my swim team asked that and my coach was like, "I've never actually seem someone do that but I suppose you could"





I would advise it. Of course its tiring but its called PRACTICE. And I promise you, you will get it. I swim breast and I like to check out my competition. Occasionally I look to one side and then the other on the next breath but before I go under I turn my head straight again. But either way, you have to bring your head up. It's legal but to be good and win you need to bring yourself out of the water.





Just practice! Youll get stronger! :)|||No, for two reasons. One, by turning your head you are slowing down both your reaction time and causing turbulence, reducing your glide. Secondly, if you're swimming competitively, you are required to raise your face out of the water; which would make it even more difficult to turn your head. But, you can breathe any way you like if you don't care how you do.|||I wouldn't. I learned from that mistake. It takes more time to look over and it slows you down a whole lot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment