Thursday, November 24, 2011

SWIMMERS: How can I improve my breaststroke?

I'm not very good at breaststroke, but I want to get better. My time is 41.09 for 50 meter breaststroke %26amp; I'm a 13 year old girl. Any tips or techniques would help me a lot. Thanks!|||As the slowest of all four strokes, the most important aspect of breaststroke is in the kick.





A strong kick coupled with a glide, especially in the wave style of breaststroke, is essential in having a fast breaststroke.





I never had great upper body strength, despite my efforts in the weight room all through high school and college... but I was able to compete on the national level because I had a decent kick and glide.





Good luck!|||When you do breaststroke don't forget about the glide. You know, pull, kick, GLIDE. It's really important. I always beat people in breastroke and my coach says it's because I glide.


If you join a swim club or team or get a personal trainer they can help you. My coach has helped me a lot.


Also, remember the speed in breastroke comes from the kick. You have to have a strong kick. To get a strong kick do leg exercises, like weightlifting.|||I am also your age.... Breast stroke is my weakest stroke:(


50 free- 27


100 free- 1:01


50 fly- 30


That is just a few of my times...


Even though I don't swim breaststroke very well, I do know how to help you with it,........


your pull out: streamline(squeeze your arms together and have a extremely tight and straight streamline), when you seem to lose your speed as you puch off, do your pull out(very strong)


Stroke: do your breaststoke kick, as you finish, start your breaststroke pull out and as you finish your stroke, squeeze your legs and feet together and point toes and make a fast recovery with your arms:glide untill you begin to slow done: and then, repeat again and again


Keep your head pointed down to the bottow of the pool and dont bob your head!!!!!! If you move your head it will majorly slow down your stroke (most people have a problem with that)








Hope I helped|||im a swimmer myself .. and all i can say is practice practice and practice .. but make sure ur form is correct .. because it doesn't matter how much u practice if ur form isn't correct .. you wont improve .. you shoudefiantlyinalty consider joining club swim this will help alot ..|||Just keep on practicing. Mabe join a club team to improve it or go and ask your coach im sure he/she would love to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment