Saturday, November 19, 2011

How can I drop time in Breaststroke?

I have been swimming for 8 years now but during the school year I had to take a year off because I got very sick. I am back to swimming on my summer team and my times have been pretty slow. But I was still the fastest in breaststroke but last night one of my friends beat my time because I couldn't swim breaststroke because I placed at our saturday meet. Tomorrow I have a meet what should I do to drop time?|||I know this sounds really stupid, but after you do your pull and right after you kick, squeeze your legs and arms together and look down at the bottom of the pool for about 1.5 sec. It will not only make you glide faster, it will conserve your energy. Try also to get everything working harder (arms, legs, breaths). Also, try working on your dive. Breaststroke is an entirely different set of muscles than in other strokes.|||It's tough to improve your time overnight. Breaststroke is hard. The best ways to improve your time will all take some work. One is to work out in the gym. Building strength in your arms, legs and torso will help make you more powerful in the water. Work on really extending both arm and leg strokes to get the full force out of them. Many swimmers focus on making faster strokes instead of stronger ones, which is the wrong approach. Work on coordinating your arm and leg movements. It's tricky to synchronize these properly to get the most out of the stroke. Have your coach watch you swim and make suggestions.





Best thing you can do for tomorrow is try to get plenty of rest, eat well and stay hydrated. Good luck.|||don't use as wide arms|||i dunno how u swim ur stroke, but move ur arms and legs faster, glide more, and when breathing , try not to bring ur face more than a few inches above the surface when breathing, when pulling w/ ur arms, pull down, dont bring ur arms in a complete circle...





on ur dive, on ur pullout pull ur arms down also,when u lsoe momentum do a dolphin kick (JUST ONE!), then do ur last step of ur pullout when u lose momentum agan|||Well,


1 what you eat has a big effect in your time.


2 consider trying to remember some of your techiniques|||Take TG's advice it is excellent. So was Mickey Mouse's response. Another "trick" that is amazing, is to do what all fish do. A slight wiggle incorperated into a well practiced form of any stroke will greatly improve your speed. It's a slight motion similar to the way dolphins swim. Source: me - undefeated in this event.


Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment