Saturday, November 19, 2011

When I kick breaststroke, my knee pops and hurts. How can I help it?

I'm a big swimmer and I'm really good at breaststroke. But all of a sudden, when I kick breaststroke, my knee hurts. Is there anything I can do to help it?|||Stretch your leg out. Take joint supplements. Warm up without kicking hard. Maybe your mechanics aren't right, have your coach watch your stroke to see what the problem might be.|||Try to go for a slower, stronger kick for awhile.|||I have the same problem.





If i ignore it and keep swimming, after a week or so my knee gets sore and i can't walk properly.





I had oshgudglatus (not sure if thats correct spelling, thats how you say it) when i was a kid. I had physio on my knee for a while and that helped.





I usually just do a very light kick, when swimming breaststroke now, or use the kick for butterfly. It might look strange but i find its faster then the breaststroke kick.|||Talk to your coach. Have him/her watch you in the pool to check your technique. Chances are you aren't kicking correctly. I killed my knees doing that last year.|||You might want to have your doctor look at it as this could get progressively worse if you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment